Kenyon began as a small manufacturer of aviation and marine instruments in 1931. As business developed they led the way with the breakthrough development of ceramic glass cooktops for the high seas, becoming the standard for yachts around the world. The immense popularity of the cooktops led to high-demand for shore-side models to be enjoyed in homes.
We’ve spent the last 90 years engineering smart designs that have changed the way people think about cooking, while providing exemplary customer service.
Today, Kenyon International, Inc. is the largest manufacturer in North America of two burner ceramic glass cooktops and high quality stainless steel electric grills.
The company consistently surpasses challenging engineering concepts that lead their customers to a new and innovative cooking experience.
Below are some recommendations for keeping your new grate/griddle in good shape.
- Follow the recommended pre-heat time of 7-8 minutes. Leaving the grill on high for an extended time with the lid closed can cause the temperature to exceed recommended temperature and can cause the coating to break down.
- Always put liquid, about 16 ounces, in your drip tray prior to cooking.
- The liquid helps keep the drippings from smoking and adds some moisture to the grilled food.
- Never use metal utensils as they can scratch the surface of the grate and or griddle.
- After your grill has cooled, wipe the surface with wet paper towels to remove residue.
- The cooking surface on your Kenyon grill should be treated as a not-stick pan. Wash after each use. Wash with hot sudsy water and avoid harsh detergents.